All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive new introduction to interdisciplinary studies draws on recent advances in the field's burgeoning literature on learning and assessment.
- Author BiographyAllen F. Repko, PhD, is the former director of the interdisciplinary studies program in the School of Urban and Public Affairs at the University of Texas at Arlington, where he developed and taught the program's core curriculum for many years. The program is one of the largest in the United States. Repko has written extensively on all aspects of interdisciplinary studies, has twice served as coeditor of the interdisciplinary journal Issues in Integrative Studies, and has served on the board of the Association for Interdisciplinary Studies (AIS). Though recently retired, he continues to write and speak at AIS conventions, where he conducts annual workshops on interdisciplinary program development and assessment. He can be contacted at email@example.com. Rick Szostak, PhD, is a professor of economics at the University of Alberta, where he has taught for 31 years. He is the author of a dozen books and 50 articles, all of an interdisciplinary nature. Several of his publications address how to do interdisciplinary research, teach interdisciplinary courses, administer interdisciplinary programs, or organize information in order to facilitate interdisciplinarity. As an associate dean, he created the Office of Interdisciplinary Studies at the University of Alberta, the Science, Technology and Society program, an individualized major, and two courses about interdisciplinarity. He has twice served as coeditor of the interdisciplinary journal Issues in Integrative Studies. He was president of the Association for Interdisciplinary Studies (AIS) from 2011 to 2014. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Michelle Phillips Buchberger, PhD, is an assistant professor of integrative studies at Miami University. She previously proposed, developed and chaired the B.S. Interdisciplinary Studies program at Franklin University, which is taught in both traditional and online formats. A fairly recent convert to interdisciplinarity, she has worked as co-coordinator (with Pauline Gagnon) of the Alpha Iota Sigma international honors society for interdisciplinary studies and has presented and written on topics including teaching interdisciplinary studies online, working with nontraditional students, and creative thinking in interdisciplinary studies. She teaches several courses about interdisciplinarity, including electronic portfolios, theories and methods of interdisciplinary studies, creative thinking, and the interdisciplinary studies capstone course. She has a PhD in English Literature, which she also teaches. She can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Author(s)Allen F. Repko,Michelle Phillips Buchberger,Rick Szostak
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/2013
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date28/10/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.96Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £30.24Trending at £31.25
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £7.49Trending at £8.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.