All listings for this product
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £7.95Trending at £8.35
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £14.67Trending at £15.26
- £3.77Trending at £4.14
- £16.13Trending at £20.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis book progresses from the fundamentals of fluid mechanics to modern wind turbine blade design, offering extensive coverage of theories describing the aerodynamics of wind turbines. Introduces experiments, and applies the knowledge to blade design.
- Author BiographyAlois Schaffarczyk obtained his PhD in Statistical Physics from the University of Gottigen, Germany. Prior to this he spent six years in industry solving practical problems in fluid mechanics. He joined UAS Kiel in 1992 and in 1997 began his career in the wind turbine community, specializing in CFD, experiments and blade design. Professor Schaffarczyk attends many conferences in this field and has lectured on the subject in China, Morocco and Norway. He was a participant at some of the highly respected IEAwind annexes and held the function of sub-task manager at MexNext.
- Author(s)Alois Peter Schaffarczyk
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication21/06/2014
- GenreEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleGreen Energy and Technology
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note97 black & white illustrations, 136 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight596 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.