All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.77Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
About this product
- DescriptionThis book familiarises students with the basic elements of fluid mechanics and provides a comprehensive foundation for more advanced courses.
- Author BiographyDr Joseph Katz is Professor of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics at San Diego State University. His rich and diverse academic and engineering background covers typical aerospace and automotive disciplines such as computational and experimental aerodynamics, vehicle dynamics, race car aerodynamics, and engine cooling. As a race car designer for the past 25 years, Dr Katz has participated in a large number of projects involving open wheel (F1 and Indy), prototype (IMSA), hill-climb, and NASCAR. His fluid mechanics research interests include unsteady aerodynamics and incompressible flow with a strong emphasis on developing numerical techniques. Prior to his academic position, he spent four years at the NASA Ames research center full-scale wind tunnel facility. For his work in developing the PMARC computational tool, he and his team received the 1997 NASA Space Act Award. In recent years, he has been active in the aerodynamic development of unmanned aerial vehicles (Global Hawk, E-Hunter), which now operate successfully throughout the world. Dr Katz received numerous awards for being the most influential teacher and outstanding educator (AIAA), and he is the author of several books and more than 100 other publications. His book on race car aerodynamics can be found on the desks of most race car designers around the world.
- Author(s)Joseph Katz
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2010
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note264 b/w illus. 4 tables 461 exercises
- Weight1000 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.