All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionCovers various perspectives from the fields of assessment policy development, and theories of learning and the sociology of the classroom. This book explores how the assessment of young children is carried out in classrooms and with what consequences for their understanding of schooling and the development of their learning in particular subjects.
- Author BiographyDr Harry Torrance is Director of the Graduate Research Centre in Education and a Reader in Education at the University of Sussex. He was formerly Research fellow in the Assessment and Evaluation Unit, Southampton University and Senior Research Associate at the Centre for Applied Research in Education, University of East Anglia. He has directed several research projects investigating teacher involvement in assessment, and also has extensive experience of curriculum and programme evaluation. Dr John Pryor is a research fellow at University of Sussex Institute of Education. Following graduation from the University of Oxford, he trained as a teacher and spent 18 years as a school teacher, working mostly in the primary sector. During this time he completed a DPhil in Education, part-time, at the University of Sussex. He is currently working with Harry Torrance on an ESRC project to develop formative assessment in primary schools. Other interests include practitioner research and classroom processes.
- Author(s)Harry Torrance,John Pryor
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/1998
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Education OUP
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight292 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.