Investigating Science Communication in the Information Age: Implications for Public Engagement and Popular Media by Oxford University Press (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £26.79Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- Est. delivery by 6 Mar
- £12.00+ £2.80 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by cathfletcher
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvestigating Science Communication in the Information Age is a collection of newly-commissioned chapters by leading science communication scholars. It addresses current theoretical, practical and policy developments in science communication, and engagement and dialogue on the part of professional scientists with members of the public.
- Author BiographyJeff Thomas is a senior lecturer within the Department of Biological Sciences at the Open University. He has worked at the OU all his professional life, contributing to a wide range of teaching initiatives in biology and in health sciences, and more recently to a range of projects concerned with contemporary science issues and on the relationships between science and different publics, at both undergraduate and Masters level. His research interests are concerned with the influence of contemporary science controversies on public attitude, on conceptual problems of learning biological science, and in public involvement in science-based policy-making. He also teaches part-time for Birkbeck College, University of London on its Diploma in Science Communication.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2008
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleCommunicating Science in the Information Age
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 1
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note11 BW line, 8 BW half-tone, 2 plates
- Weight547 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byEileen Scanlon,Elizabeth Whitelegg,Jeffrey L. Thomas,Richard Holliman,Sam Smidt
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.96Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £30.25Trending at £31.25
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £7.50Trending at £8.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.