All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this groundbreaking book, psychiatrist and ethicist Mona Gupta analyzes the basic assumptions of Evidence-based medicine (EBM), and critically examines their applicability to psychiatry. Highlighting ethical tensions between psychiatry and EBM, she asks the controversial question - should psychiatrists practice evidence-based medicine at all?
- Author BiographyMona Gupta is a psychiatrist and researcher in bioethics at the Universite de Montreal in Montreal, Canada. She received her medical degree from McGill University and then completed her postgraduate training in psychiatry at the University of Toronto where she also received her PhD in bioethics. Dr Gupta has published and presented widely on the subject of ethics and evidence-based medicine in psychiatry.
- Author(s)Mona Gupta
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication12/06/2014
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleInternational Perspectives in Philosophy & Psychiatry
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight336 g
- Width156 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.79Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.