All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA provocative look at the violent content of 'sacred scripture' and what Jews, Christians, and Muslims must do to re-vision their faiths away from justifying violence. Post 9/11 attention focused on Islam as a violent religion, but this work shows that the Bible and the Quran both have violence-justifying content to support holy and other wars.
- Author BiographyJack Nelson-Pallmeyer is Assistant Professor of Justice and Peace Studies. For more than twenty years he has studied and written about the relationship of religion, violence, and peace, and his books include Jesus Against Christianity: Reclaiming the Missing Jesus (Trinity Press International).
- Author(s)Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/10/2005
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight260 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.