All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn what is essentially a 'Guide for the Modern Muslim', Charfi spells out what for him is the essential message of Islam, followed by a history of its unfolding through the person of the Prophet Muhammad.
- Author BiographyAbdelmadjid Charfi was Professor of Arabic Civilisation and Islamic Thought at the University of Manouba until his retirement in 2002. David Bond studied Arabic at Wadham College (Oxford) and has lived in North Africa since 1993. He is editorial co-ordinator of the review Ibla of the Institut des belles-lettres arabes in Tunis and has a degree in Arabic literature from the University of Tunis. Abdou Filali-Ansary is Director of the Aga Khan University Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilizations. He is author of several books including Is Islam Hostile to Secularism? and Reforming Islam? An Introduction to Contemporary Debates. Sikeena Karmali Ahmed is the Manager of Publications at The Aga Khan University Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilizations. She is the author of a collection of poetry, Places to Remember, and an award-winning novel entitled A House by the Sea.
- Author(s)Abdelmadjid Charfi
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleIn Translation: Modern Muslim Thinkers
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight386 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAbdou Filali-Ansary,Sikeena Karmali Ahmed
- Translated byDavid Bond
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.07Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.