All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Middle Ages, Muslim travelers embarked on a rihla, or world tour, as surveyors, emissaries, and educators. This title assesses both the religious and philosophical aspects of travel, as well as the economic and cultural conditions that made the rihla possible. It is suitable for scholars in history, literature, and anthropology.
- Author BiographyHouari Touati is a director of studies at the Ecole des hautes etudes en sciences sociales, Paris. Lydia G. Cochrane has translated numerous works from the Italian and the French for the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Houari Touati
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication10/08/2010
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Translated byLydia G. Cochrane
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.26Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.07Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.38
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.