All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEgypt, 1925: the Muslim world is in turmoil over Mustapha Kamal Ataturk's proposal to abolish the caliphate in Turkey. Into this debate enters Ali Abdel Razek, a religious cleric trained at Al-Azhar University, arguing in favour of secularism in his essay Islam and the Foundations of Political Power. This title offers a translation of this essay.
- Author BiographyAbdou Filali-Ansary is Director of the Aga Khan University Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilizations. Maryam Loutfi formally worked in the Ministry of Finance and Economy and is presently working in the area of Education.
- Author(s)Ali Abdel Razek
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- GenrePolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleIn Translation: Modern Muslim Thinkers
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight204 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAbdou Filali-Ansary
- Translated byMaryam Loutfi
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.98Trending at £8.95
- £8.50Trending at £12.47
- £8.73Trending at £9.80
- £11.83Trending at £12.80
- £10.87Trending at £12.03
- £9.78Trending at £14.89
- £10.20Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.