CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £14.84Trending at £16.99
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.48Trending at £7.19
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the terrorist attacks of 9/11 in New York, and the Madrid and London bombings, Muslim communities in the West have generated security issues and political concern. This book challenges the authenticity of popular myths about the Islamic world and examines these myths as ideological cover for the 'war on terror' and Iraq war.
- Author BiographyTareq Y. Ismael is Professor of Political Science at the University of Calgary, Canada. He is the Editor of the International Journal of Contemporary Iraqi Studies; his most recent publications include The Rise and Fall of the Communist Party in Iraq and Cultural Cleansing in Iraq: Why Museums were Looted, Libraries Burned and Academics Murdered. Andrew Rippin is Professor of Islamic History at the University of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada in 2006, his publications include Muslims: Their Religious Beliefs and Practices, and The Islamic World (both published by Routledge).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2010
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleDurham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 16
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAndrew Rippen,Tareq Y. Ismael
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.