Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £40.40Trending at £41.79
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.93
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.66Trending at £24.06
About this product
- DescriptionExamining Islamic court records, this book sheds new light on Zanzibar's history of gender, social and racial identity.
- Author BiographyElke E. Stockreiter is an Assistant Professor of History at American University, Washington, DC. She obtained her PhD from the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, and previously held a position as an Assistant Professor at the University of Iowa. Her work has been published in peer-reviewed journals, such as the Journal of Eastern African Studies, and anthologies, such as Domestic Violence and the Law in Colonial and Postcolonial Africa, edited by Emily Burrill, Richard Roberts and Elizabeth Thornberry.
- Author(s)Elke Stockreiter
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/03/2015
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note22 b/w illus. 1 map
- Weight610 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.