All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2014
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Weight503 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byJohn Renard
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Table Of ContentsPreface Acknowledgments Part One The Science of Interpretation: Reading the Sacred Sources 1 Qur'an and Hadith 2 Interpreting the Sacred Sources Part Two The Science of Community: Mapping the Boundaries of True Belief 3 Muslim Awareness of Other Religious Communities 4 Creed and Polemic Part Three The Science of Divine Unity: Schools and Themes in Systematic Theology 5 Theological Schools and Principles 6 Major Themes in Systematic Theology Part Four The Science of Hearts: Spirituality and Literature 7 Knowledge and the Spiritual Quest 8 Poetic, Pastoral, and Narrative Theology Part Five The Science of Character and Comportment: Ethics and Governance 9 Ethics in Theory 10 Ethics in Practice Notes Appendix: Synoptic/Comparative Table of Texts Acknowledgments of Permissions Index of Names of Persons General Index Index of Qur'anic Citations
- Author BiographyJohn Renard is Professor of Theological Studies at Saint Louis University. His many books include Seven Doors to Islam: Spirituality and the Religious Life of Muslims, Windows on the House of Islam, Friends of God: Islamic Images of Piety, Commitment, and Servanthood, and Tales of God's Friends: Islamic Hagiography in Translation, all from UC Press.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.