All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone knows the famous beginning to this beloved holiday poem: 'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house... Clement Moore's poem was written in 1822 and has been a holiday classic ever since. This edition was first published in 1912. It comes with gold foil stamping on the cover and full-colour illustrations throughout.
- Author BiographyClement Clarke Moore (July 15, 1779 - July 10, 1863) was a writer and professor and is credited with writing A Visit from St. Nicholas for his children. Originally published anonymously on December 23rd, 1823, the poem that would come to be known as 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, was responsible for the creation of the Santa Claus myth as it is known in the United States and much of the English-speaking world. Jessie Wilcox Smith (September 6, 1863 - May 3, 1935) was a prolific illustrator of magazines and children's books. She was a frequent contributor to Ladies Home Journal. A student of Howard Pyle, some of her best-known work for children includes Charles Kingsley's The Water Babies.
- Author(s)Clement Clarke Moore
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- GenrePicture Books
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Content Notefull colour illustrations throughout
- Weight249 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- £23.99Trending at £31.62
- £13.95Trending at £14.75
- £25.80Trending at £27.28
- £15.88Trending at £16.86
- £15.25Trending at £16.08
- £19.64Trending at £20.79
- £20.34Trending at £21.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.