Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.97
- £9.41Trending at £17.11
- £9.53Trending at £14.98
- £7.60Trending at £9.98
- £18.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.69Trending at £9.61
About this product
- DescriptionVanderbilt, Hill, Morgan, and Harriman were America's industrial princes, planning to link American railroads and a shipping cartel with a railroad line through China and Russia, then into Europe, and create: the Transportation Kings. Poised for great accomplishment, their story ends in the sinking of the Titanic and bitter failure.
- Author BiographySteven H. Gittelman has served as president of the Board of Trustees at The Suffolk County Vanderbilt Museum for fifteen years. In his previous book, Gittelman followed his subject around the world to fashion his biography of Willie K. Vanderbilt. During that search, an obscure article in the New York Times provided him with a thread that unraveled this fascinating tale of the men who aspired global transportation dominance and how each one chased his own version of the dream, only to taste bitter failure.
- Author(s)Steven H. Gittelman
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication26/03/2012
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.