All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJack Tar's Story examines the autobiographies and memoirs of antebellum American sailors to explore contested meanings of manhood and nationalism in the early republic.
- Author BiographyMyra C. Glenn is Professor of American History at Elmira College. She is the author of Campaigns against Corporal Punishment: Prisoners, Sailors, Women, and Children in Antebellum America and Thomas K. Beecher: Minister to a Changing America, 1824-1900. Her work has appeared in numerous professional journals, and she is the recipient of two Fulbright lecture awards.
- Author(s)Myra C. Glenn
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £14.58Trending at £21.50
- £9.85Trending at £10.66
- £16.99Trending at £18.09
- £7.78Trending at £8.38
- £12.34Trending at £13.28
- £12.76Trending at £13.28
- £4.98Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.