All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTranslation of the author's Jacques Lacan, passe present.
- Author BiographyAlain Badiou is a philosopher, playwright, novelist, political activist, and professor emeritus at the cole normale sup rieure in Paris. He has published many philosophical works, including Being and Event and Logics of Worlds, and the play Incident at Antioch: A Tragedy in Three Acts. lisabeth Roudinesco is director of research at the Universit Paris Diderot and director of studies at the cole Pratique des Hautes- tudes, Sorbonne. She is the author of Jacques Lacan, Why Psychoanalysis?, and Philosophy in Turbulent Times: Canguilhem, Sartre, Foucault, Althusser, Deleuze, Derrida. Jason E. Smith is a Cornell Society for the Humanities Fellow. His writing and research center on contemporary art and aesthetics, modern continental philosophy (Spinoza, Hegel, and the twentieth century), and post-1968 political thought (primarily French and Italian). His work has appeared in Artforum, Critical Inquiry, Grey Room, Parrhesia, and Radical Philosophy, and he has published, with Jean-Luc Nancy and Philip Armstrong, Politique et au-del . He recently edited and contributed to a special issue of Grey Room devoted to the films of Guy Debord and is working on a monograph on the same subject.
- Author(s)Alain Badiou,Elisabeth Roudinesco
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication11/07/2014
- Language(s)English & French
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byJason E. Smith
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.