All listings for this product
Best selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £10.99Trending at £11.53
- £7.55Trending at £7.97
- £1.99Trending at £2.40
- £2.99Trending at £3.15
- £7.77Trending at £9.41
- £4.59Trending at £4.80
- £7.37Trending at £7.44
About this product
- DescriptionA memoir of a modern day Scheherazade filled with love, loss and the journey for self-discovery.
- Author BiographySuzy's first published piece of writing was a poem called, 'Chess Board World', which appeared in a school magazine. Although she continued to write as a hobby, it was not until she went to university that her second chance came; she entered a poem called, 'Love in Autumn', in a national writing competition, and it was put into a poetry compilation by Forward Poetry. A second poem, 'Crystal', was also published at this time. Suzy was delighted, but the book had limited success. She had to bank the royalties cheque, (for just over one pound), she was so poor. She had wanted to frame it! By the time Suzy was a postgraduate, she resolved it was time to write the story of her life in a fictional memoir. She was inspired by the work of Joyce and Woolf, and became interested in such themes as memory, identity, landscape, sexuality and the body. After her MA course, Suzy had a dual career as a teacher and estate agent. During a spell teaching abroad, she put pen to paper and wrote her first draft, carrying the manuscript through customs at Seoul and Heathrow airports in her hand-luggage, such is the extent of her technophobia. She says the act of writing and producing a novel is like giving birth, and regards her debut novel 'Johari's Window' as her first baby. She intends to have more children!
- Author(s)Suzy Davies
- PublisherSilverWood Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- GenreRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSilverWood Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight312 g
- Width312 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.