All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on how John Brown - radical abolitionist and freedom-fighter - inspired America's most significant intellects, such as Whittier, Whitman, Melville, Howells, Emerson and Thoreau, to take a public stand against the inertia of moral compromise and social degeneracy, bringing the nation to the brink of civil war.
- Author BiographyMichael Stoneham is an Academy Professor in the Department of English at the United States Military Academy.
- Author(s)Michael Stoneham
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/04/2009
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleStudies in American Popular History and Culture
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £26.06
- £14.58Trending at £21.08
- £14.24Trending at £15.21
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £9.85Trending at £10.45
- £10.82Trending at £15.40
- £16.99Trending at £17.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.