All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Jules Verne
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Weight198 g
- Width100 mm
- Height158 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
- Author BiographyJules Gabriel Verne was born in the seaport of Nantes, France, in 1828 and was destined to follow his father into the legal profession. In Paris to train for the bar, he took more readily to literary life, befriending Alexander Dumas and Victor Hugo, and living by theatre managing and libretto-writing. His first science-based novel, Five Weeks in a Balloon, was issued by the influential publisher Pierre-Jules Hetzel in 1862, and made him famous. Verne and Hetzel collaborated to write dozens more such adventures, including 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea in 1869 and Around the World in 80 Days in 1872. In later life Verne entered local politics at Amiens, where had had a home. He also kept a house in Paris, in the street now named Boulevard Jules Verne, and a beloved yacht, the Saint Michel, named after his son. He died in 1905.
Best selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £11.06Trending at £11.53
- £7.54Trending at £7.97
- £2.30Trending at £2.40
- £2.99Trending at £3.15
- £7.77Trending at £9.41
- £4.59Trending at £4.80
- £16.26Trending at £19.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.