All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA teenage novel that tells the true-to-life story of two teenagers drawn into the dangerous and destructive world of heroin addiction.
- Author BiographyMelvin Burgess was born in London in 1954. He began to train as a journalist but left after six months. He has had a variety of jobs as diverse as bricklaying and silk-screen printing. An Enterprise Allowance Scheme gave him the chance to develop his writing and his books for children are very highly regarded. Melvin lives in Lancashire.
- Author(s)Julia Eccleshare,Melvin Burgess
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2003
- GenreChildren's Fiction
- Series TitlePuffin Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPuffin Classics
- Out-of-print date02/03/2016
- Weight368 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Most relevant reviews
- glenncarmichael06 Feb, 2016by
Hard hitting. A must read for those who don't mind going there.
This book is considered to be for the Young Adult reader. I'm a fully grown adult and I found it disquieting. I never read it when it came out in 1996 because I wrongly assumed I wouldn't enjoy a YA novel. 'Junk' packs a real punch, it tells it like it is - not quite no holds barred, but pretty bellicose. I enjoyed it a lot, and would recommend it to anyone with a penchant for drug novels. It tells a tale of addiction where the happy endings are sadly lacking. It captures a particular time, very well and overall deserves all the plaudits it received. I am not a father, but I would worry if a child of mine was reading 'Junk', because for those with an addict's proclivity, it is a manual for a doomed lifestyle.
Best-selling in Children's Fiction
Save on Children's Fiction
- £3.30Trending at £3.39
- £13.95Trending at £14.31
- £2.99Trending at £4.95
- £4.68Trending at £6.25
- £3.50Trending at £3.65
- £9.30Trending at £10.10