All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- GenreHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitlePopular Culture and Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume Number82
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Weight414 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJessica Watkins,Nicolas Michaud
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsLife Finds a Way I. Conceptualizing the Impossible 1. Don't Be Afraid of the Paradox Rex Michael Muniz 2. The Manchurian Compsognathus Timothy Sexton 3. Genes and Memes: Evolution and Engineering in Jurassic Park Brendan Shea 4. Skepticism and the Dream of Jurassic Park Daniel Wanless II. Generating the Impossible 5. Dino-Souls: A Dialogue on the Ethics of Animal Cloning Nathan Verbann and Adam Barkman 6. Rape of the Natural World : Yes, We Can; But, Should We? Christian Cotton 7. All the Dinosaurs Are Dead and Gone: Plato, Darwin and the Problem of De-Extinction Evan Edwards 8. Reconstructing the Past in a Petri Dish David Freeman 9. Let the Raptors Run Greg Littmann III. Acting on the Impossible 10. Wiggin' Out in Wittgenstein's World Skyler King 11. Saving Your Skin: How to Treat Dinosaurs Roger Hunt 12. 'If You Prick Us, Do We Not Bleed?' Velociraptor Rights John V. Karavitis 13. Hammond's Backup Plan: Monkeywrenching and Dino-Liberation in The Lost World: Jurassic Park Seth M. Walker IV. The Appearance of Error 14. An Alien Consciousness Christopher Ketcham 15. Descent into Chaos David Morgan 16. The Crisis of Fake Dinosaurs Brandon Kempner 17. Do Dinosaurs Dream of Electric Fences? Rick Stoody V. The Collapse of the System 18. Biting a Chunk Out of Aristotle Daniel Kokotz 19. You Can't Just Suppress Sixty-five Million Years of Gut Instinct, but Can We Suppress the Last Five Hundred Years' Worth? Trip McCrossin 20. How a Tyrannosaurus Swallowed My Pride Michael D. Stark and A.G. Holdier 21. Tyrannosaurus Kant Tim Jones Author Bios Index
- Author BiographyNicolas Michaud is an assistant professor of philosophy at Florida State College, Jacksonville, and the editor of Frankenstein and Philosophy. Jessica Watkins is a contributor to Ender's Game and Philosophy. Both live in Jacksonville, FL.
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £5.73Trending at £5.95
- £47.71Trending at £50.09
- £5.57Trending at £6.59
- £10.54Trending at £11.35
- £4.98Trending at £6.34
- £11.99Trending at £13.38
- £9.97Trending at £12.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.