All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince graduating from the University of Singapore in 1969 Karpal Singh has been a fearless, intelligent advocate for justice and a defender of human rights in South East Asia. This book tells the story of a tenacious and principled lawyer and politician who has emerged as the kingmaker among the various Malaysian opposition political parties.
- Author BiographyTim Donoghue is a journalist with the Dominion Post newspaper based in Wellington, New Zealand. He has been a frequent visitor to Malaysia since 1986 when he began covering the drugs trafficking case of the New Zealand mother and son, Lorraine and Aaron Cohen.He first discussed the possibility of writing this biography with Karpal Singh when he visited the lawyer at the Kamunting Detention Camp outside Taiping in 1988. As a journalist Donoghue s many international assignments have seen him make more than 20 trips to China. He also covered the first Gulf War from Saudi Arabia and travelled throughout the middle-eastern countries affected by the war zone.He is the author of three books including The Tiger Who Smiled (1990), which tells the story of how KarpalSingh helped the Cohens escape the gallows by the 'skin of their teeth'.
- Author(s)Tim Donoghue
- PublisherMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.81Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.