Key Texts in Human Geography: A Reader Guide by SAGE Publications Ltd (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £28.66+ £0.95 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- £12.00+ £5.99 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by better_world_books_uk
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAuthored overviews of 26 classic texts by established scholars. Will be widely adopted throughout human geography courses at all levels.
- Author BiographyPhil Hubbard is Professor in Urban Studies in the University of Kent's School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research. Rob Kitchin is a professor and ERC Advanced Investigator in the National Institute of Regional and Spatial Analysis at the National University of Ireland Maynooth, for which he was director between 2002 and 2013. He has published widely across the social sciences, including 23 books and 140 articles and book chapters. He is editor of the international journals, Progress in Human Geography and Dialogues in Human Geography, and for eleven years was the editor of Social and Cultural Geography. He was the editor-in-chief of the 12 volume, International Encyclopedia of Human Geography, and edits two book series, Irish Society and Key Concepts in Geography. He is currently a PI on the Programmable City project, the Digital Repository of Ireland, and the All-Island Research Observatory. He has delivered over 100 invited talks at conferences and universities and his research has been cited over 600 times in local, national and international media. His book 'Code/Space' (with Martin Dodge) won the Association of American Geographers 'Meridian Book Award' for the outstanding book in the discipline in 2011 and a 'CHOICE Outstanding Academic Title 2011' award from the American Library Association. He was the 2013 recipient of the Royal Irish Academy's Gold Medal for the Social Sciences. Professor Valentine has held prestigious international visiting fellowships at the Universities of Sydney, Australia and Otago, New Zealand and has visited and given keynote addresses at a range of prestigious international conferences. She was co-founder and co-editor of the international journal Social and Cultural Geography, and co-edited Gender, Place and Culture. She has undertaken international research in Europe, Africa and the USA and is committed to developing the University of Sheffield's international strategy within the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2008
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight449 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byGill Valentine,Phil Hubbard,Rob Kitchin
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £33.12Trending at £37.87
- £13.93Trending at £19.81
- £11.01Trending at £16.42
- £7.90Trending at £10.40
- £5.98Trending at £6.82
- £8.42Trending at £11.06
- £9.26Trending at £10.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.