All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor almost 150 years the Scottish firm of Kinloch Anderson has maintained its position as a worldwide market leader in Scottish traditional dress and kiltmaking. This is the company's story to date.
- Author BiographyDeirdre Kinloch Anderson is in the fifth generation of family ownership and management of the Company. In 2010, she was awarded the OBE for services to the textile industry. The official Scottish Register of Tartans set up by the Scottish Government owed much to her advocacy and detailed hard work.
- Author(s)Deirdre Kinloch Anderson
- PublisherNeil Wilson Publishing
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNeil Wilson Publishing
- Content NoteColour, black and white, sepia
- Weight1148 g
- Width260 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine18 mm
Most relevant reviews
- edinburghg08 Feb, 2017by
Lightweight, advertising, copyrighted material stated on cover should have been a clue
Kinloch Anderson have employed the services of Tartan expert historians over their history to keep this family owned firm on track and justify the additional expense of their products. Harry Lindley who catalogued tartans for them over many years, designed their history museum doesn't even get a mention. Ken McLeod who developed laser technology gets no credit. Only 'the family' or firm get credit for achievements. It is short on history and big on less than subtle advertising.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- amelchelskus24 Apr, 2017by
A Scottish Tradition: Kinloch Anderson is a really good book!
For those interested in both traditional Highland Dress and tartans and learning about the fascinating history and heritage of this Scottish Company famous in its field.
Verified purchase: No
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £12.49Trending at £14.98
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69