All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith over sixty-five gorgeous designs, this title includes patterns for a range of garments for the whole family - from variations on the traditional Icelandic yoked sweaters to smaller projects such as woolly hats, socks, and scarves, to stunning lacy garments and other more contemporary designs - all knit in different weights of Icelandic wool.
- Author BiographyVEDIS JONSDOTTIR grew up on a farm on the west coast of Iceland. She has worked as a knitwear designer for many companies in Iceland before she started designing handknits and became head designer at Istex. She has revitalized Icelandic handknits by introducing new shapes and more intricate color combinations. Vedis also chooses the yarn colors for Istex, seeking inspiration in Icelandic nature, to bring out the best qualities of the wool. She currently lives in Manhattan.
- Author(s)Vedis Jonsdottir
- PublisherGriffin Publishing
- Date of Publication29/01/2013
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Content Noteincludes endpapers & colour photographs throughout
- Weight1288 g
- Width219 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine22 mm
Most relevant reviews
- budebabe5314 Jan, 2017by
Great for a competent knitter
Great variety of patterns, but not suitable for a beginner as the instructions are very basic and the patterns are written slightly different from English patterns.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £5.18Trending at £7.04
- £14.49Trending at £17.00
- £4.72Trending at £4.93
- £17.56Trending at £25.02
- £8.13Trending at £9.95
- £5.33Trending at £6.49
- £6.44Trending at £7.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.