All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note17, 1 fig., 14 tables, 2 graphs
- Weight280 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byJosef Langer,Jurica Pavicic,Niksa Alfirevic
- Edition Statement1st New edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Josef Langer/Jurica Pavicic/Niksa Alfirevic: Knowledge in an Era of Societal Transformation - Yrjo-Paavo Hayrynen: Knowledge Society: 'An Overwhelming All' versus Expression, Thinking, and Creativity as an Ineffaceable Right - Vittorio Olgiati: Potentials and Obstacles in the Promotion of Higher Knowledge in the European Area: The Post-National Question of European Intellectuals - Josef Langer: The Knowledge Space of Mitteleuropa in Historical Perspective - Thomas Doring/Birgit Aigner: The Importance of Knowledge for Regional Economic Growth - State of Economic Research and its Application to the Alps-Adriatic Region - Matevz Tomsic/Frane Adam: Cultural Patterns in Slovenian Business, Public Administration and Science - Tomaz Cater: Knowledge-Based Sources of a Firm's Competitive Advantage - The Case of Slovenian Post-transitional Economy - Barbara Honig: Impact of EU-Accession on the Development of Sociology in the Common Border Region Slovenia-Southern Austria - Niksa Alfirevic/Goran Vlasic/Igor Grcic: The Gaming Virtual Communities - Matthias Klemm/Ursula Mense-Petermann: 'Knowledge Transfer' and Cross-Cultural Learning - Problems and Chances of Cultural Difference in Learning and Knowledge Processes - Zoran Mihanovic: Intelligence Generation and Intelligence Dissemination as a Basis for Efficient Responsiveness in Higher Education - The Case of Croatia - Zoran Vlasic/Zoran Wittine: The Importance of Life-long Learning for the Generation of Intellectual Capital and the Creation of Sustainable Competitive Advantage.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Josef Langer is professor of sociology at Klagenfurt University (Austria). He has held functions in professional organisations, acted as consultant and has lectured at a number of universities in Europe, Japan, India, Africa and USA. His current fields of research include European transformation and cross-cultural management. Jurica Pavicic is professor of marketing at the University of Zagreb (Croatia). He has cooperated with several universities and held invited lectures in UK and USA, participated in numerous projects and served as adviser to enterprises and nonprofit organizations in South East Europe. His main research interests are nonprofit marketing, advocacy and community development. Niksa Alfirevic is professor of management at the University of Split (Croatia). He has participated at numerous conferences and cooperated with companies, universities and nonprofit organizations in Austria, Croatia and UK, including EU-sponsored projects. His main research interests are management of nonprofit organizations, e-business and social dimensions of information & communication technologies.
Best selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £23.65Trending at £29.83
- £27.15Trending at £29.59
- £10.26Trending at £11.22
- £10.82Trending at £12.25
- £13.69Trending at £14.55
- £16.34Trending at £18.99
- £3.90Trending at £5.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.