All listings for this product
Best selling in Language
Save on Language
- £14.80Trending at £15.42
- £21.75Trending at £22.86
- £17.65Trending at £18.45
- £27.89Trending at £30.03
- £24.13Trending at £27.55
- £9.75Trending at £10.70
- £11.73Trending at £12.48
About this product
- DescriptionYour students are changing. Technology is changing. The idea of the classroom is changing. Now, the way your students learn German is changing as well. This book offers a truly communicative approach that supports functional proficiency while responding to these changing needs in new and exciting ways.
- Author Biography(Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley) is Gerhard Helbig Professor of German as a Foreign Language and Applied Linguistics at the University of Leipzig and President of the Institute for Test Research and Test Development in Leipzig, Germany. Before joining the University of Leipzig, he taught at the University of Iowa, Iowa City (1990-1998) and at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (1988-1990). His main research areas are: second language acquisition, corpus linguistics, language testing and assessment, and language policy. He is (co-) author of over 150 books, book chapters, and journal articles. He has extensive experience in test research and development for all language modalities (speaking, listening, writing, and reading). He has been a certified ACTFL OPI tester since 1989 and tester trainer since 1993. He has been a major contributor to the internationalization efforts of the University of Leipzig, establishing and directing joint BA, MA, and Ph.D. programs with universities in the Netherlands, Mexico, Brazil, and the U.S. (First and Second Staatsexamen, Gottingen and Fulda) is Oberstudienratin (German, English, Physical Education) at the Werner-von-Siemens Gymnasium in Bad Harzburg, Germany. She taught German at all levels of instruction at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and at the University of Iowa, Iowa City, and she was a Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin at the University of Bayreuth, Germany. She is co-author of Assoziationen: Deutsch fur die Mittelstufe and the series Lextra - Englisch Grund- und Aufbauwortschatz nach Themen. Her main interests are: the role of vocabulary in language learning, reading strategies, and the role of art in language teaching. She has been a certified ACTFL OPI tester since 1989. Tracy D. Terrell (late) received his Ph.D. in Spanish Linguistics from the University of Texas at Austin and published extensively in the area of Spanish dialectology. Professor Terrell's publications on second-language acquisition are widely known in the United States and abroad.
- Author(s)Brigitte Nikolai,Erwin Tschirner,Tracy D. Terrell
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- GenreLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1433 g
- Width221 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.