All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.54Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £11.85Trending at £12.26
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
About this product
- DescriptionP'ansori is the quintessential traditional Korean musical drama, in which epic tales are sung and narrated by a solo singer accompanied by a drummer. Drawing on her extensive research in Korea and its diasporas, Haekyung Um describes and analyses the creative processes of p'ansori, weaving into her discussion musical.
- Author BiographyHaekyung Um is Lecturer in Music and a member of the Institute of Popular Music at the University of Liverpool. She specialises in the Asian performing arts, focusing on Korea and its diasporas. Her current research includes the global reception of Asian popular culture and Indian classical music in Britain.
- Author(s)Hae-Kyung Um
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/12/2013
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleSOAS Musicology Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 50 b&w illustrations and 67 music examples
- Weight646 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Keith Howard
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.