All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will take everything you thought you 'knew' about the war and turn it on its head. Hard-hitting and uncomfortable reading for those who do not want their bubble of ignorance burst, Kruger, Kommandos & Kak exposes that side of the Boer War which the apartheid propaganda machine didn't want you to know about.
- Author BiographyChris Ash grew up in the Shetland Isles and studied at Aberdeen University. After a brief and undistinguished dalliance with the British Army (Lovat Scouts and Gordon Highlanders), he drove his Land Rover to South Africa and decided to stay. Since then, he has worked in oil and mineral exploration all over Africa and the Middle East. His interest in South African history was sparked by watching Zulu and Breaker Morant as a child, ameliorated by countless drunken arguments over the years. He is a regular speaker on the remarkable life of Dr Leander Starr Jameson, the subject of his first book, The If Man. Away from work and history, Ash enjoys cricket, rugby, upsetting the politically-correct, J&B and messing about in Landies. He is married to the long-suffering Stefanie and commutes between Johannesburg and Abidjan.
- Author(s)Chris Ash
- Publisher30 Degrees South Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- Imprint30 Degrees South Publishers
- Content Note30 b/w photos, 21 colour maps
- Weight860 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.94Trending at £12.09
- £23.73Trending at £25.92
- £20.77Trending at £21.21
- £14.58Trending at £17.02
- £10.16Trending at £14.53
- £10.59Trending at £11.88
- £11.89Trending at £13.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.