All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThomas Paine Kydd, a young wig-maker from Guildford, is seized by the press gang, to be part of the crew of the 98-gun line-of-battle ship Royal William. The ship sails immediately and Kydd has to learn the harsh realities of shipboard life fast.
- Author BiographyJulian Stockwin was sent to sea-training school at the age of fourteen, then he joined the Royal Navy at fifteen. He transferred to the Royal Australian Navy when his family emigrated and saw service in the Far East, the Antarctic and the South Seas. In Vietnam he served on a carrier task force. Later commissioned into the Royal Naval Reserve. He was awarded the MBE and retired with the rank of Lieutenant Commander. He now lives in Guildford with his wife Kathy.
- Author(s)Julian Stockwin
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication05/04/2001
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Out-of-print date20/04/2005
- Weight688 g
- Width161 mm
- Height35 mm
- Spine241 mm
Most relevant reviews
- flacky195012 May, 2016by
great series of stories compelling ,fast moving and well written,cost of hardback was a fraction of that of a paperback.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £8.36Trending at £8.92
- £8.78Trending at £9.16
- £5.36Trending at £5.65
- £7.79Trending at £9.23
- £4.94Trending at £8.42
- £6.00Trending at £8.98
- £2.99Trending at £3.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.