Land, Water and Development: Sustainable and Adaptive Management of Rivers by Malcolm Newson (Hardback, 2008)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.08
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.25Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.02Trending at £6.07
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the historical and scientific backgrounds to land-water interactions and establishes the links with development processes and policies. This book covers the multitude of scientific research findings, development of 'tools' and spatial/temporal scale challenges. It covers droughts, environmental flows and the restoration of wetlands.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Newson is former Professor of Physical Geography at Newcastle University. He specialises in fluvial geomorphology and professional training for the Environmental Agency. He worked for 16 years at the NERC's Institute of Hydrology (now CEH) on the Flood Study and then at the Plynlimon experimental catchments. He is currently Director of the Tyne Rivers Trust, a community charity promoting sustainable catchment management.
- Author(s)Malcolm Newson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/2008
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note109 black & white illustrations, 76 black & white tables, 18 black & white halftones, 91 black & white line drawings
- Weight861 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.