CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionConsiders the relationships between language, communication and culture. This title features sections that deal with the issues related to language acquisition, context and cognition. It presents an array of perspectives in analyzing the role of language in comparative cross-cultural and communication settings.
- Author BiographyStella Ting-Toomey (PhD, University of Washington) is a professor of human communication at California State University, Fullerton (CSUF). She has published numerous books and over more than 100 articles/chapters on the topics of intercultural conflict competence and ethnic identity negotiation process. A recent book title is Understanding Intercultural Communication, Second Edition (with Leeva Chung; Oxford University Press). Her publications have also appeared in the International Journal of Intercultural Relations, Communication Monographs, Human Communication Research, and The International Journal of Conflict Management, among others. Dr. Ting-Toomey's teaching passions include intercultural conflict theory and practice and intercultural communication training. She is the 2008 recipient of the 23-campus wide CSU Wang Family Excellence Award, and the 2007-2008 recipient of the CSU-Fullerton Outstanding Professor Award. She has lectured widely throughout the United States, Asia, and Europe on the theme of mindful intercultural conflict competence.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/1989
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleInternational and Intercultural Communication Annual
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 13
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byFelipe Korzenny,Stella Ting-Toomey
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.