All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe development of smaller and more powerful computers and the introduction of new communication channels by the interlinking of computers by the Internet and the World Wide Web, have caused great changes for linguistics. This volume presents general reflections and overview articles on these developments.
- Author BiographyGerhard Stickel was the Director of the Institut fur Deutsche Sprache, the central research institution for the German language, from 1976 until 2002. He was co-founder of the European Federation of National Institutions for Language (EFNIL) and has been president of this network of central language institutions of the EU states since 2003. Tamas Varadi is deputy director of the Research Institute for Linguistics at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. He is an expert of language technology leading several European projects. Since 2010 he has been acting as secretary general of EFNIL.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication14/10/2011
- Series TitleDuisburger Arbeiten zur Sprach- Und Kulturwissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume Number87
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note99, tables and graphs
- Weight400 g
- Edited byGerhard Stickel,Tamas Varadi
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £9.75Trending at £12.74
- £24.99Trending at £25.69
- £21.73Trending at £23.75
- £20.42Trending at £23.99
- £14.58Trending at £15.20
- £39.57Trending at £44.56
- £14.30Trending at £19.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.