Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.98Trending at £27.05
- £8.24Trending at £8.87
- £8.77Trending at £8.87
- £17.94Trending at £18.46
- £7.43Trending at £8.42
- £14.54Trending at £15.33
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
About this product
- DescriptionLanguage is an essential part of our everyday lives. This book presents an introduction into the inner workings of language, and illustrates its use, variation and methodology. It examines the origins of language, how language produces meaning, the variation of language across cultures, and how language is used in society.
- Author BiographyPeter Sharpe is Professor in the Department of English at Takushoku University, Japan.
- Author(s)Peter Sharpe
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/12/2008
- GenreHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.