All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe volume focuses on the languages of Anglophone films and television series and their dubbing into Italian. The chapters cover a rich range of topics including syntactic, lexical and sociolinguistic features of audiovisual dialogue, cross-linguistic contrasts, and the translation of culture specific references and multilingualism on screen.
- Author BiographyMaria Pavesi, PhD, is Professor of English language and Linguistics at the University of Pavia. She has coordinated several national and international research projects and has published widely on language learning, audiovisual translation and the features of spoken language in film dubbing, including personal and spatial deixis. Maicol Formentelli, PhD, is researcher in English language and Linguistics at the University of Eastern Piedmont. His main research interests are native and non-native varieties of English with a more recent focus on the sociolinguistics and pragmatics of film dialogue. Elisa Ghia, PhD, is contracted lecturer of English Language and Translation at the University for Foreigners at Siena and the University of Pavia. Her research interests include second language acquisition, audiovisual translation, corpus linguistics and the study of spoken English.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication17/03/2015
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number206
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note30, Illustrations, various
- Weight410 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byElisa Ghia,Maicol Formentelli,Maria Pavesi
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in Language
Save on Language
- £17.65Trending at £18.08
- £27.89Trending at £29.45
- £23.41Trending at £26.98
- £24.13Trending at £25.47
- £11.73Trending at £12.31
- £17.52Trending at £18.14
- £20.87Trending at £21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.