All listings for this product
Best selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £14.78Trending at £15.12
- £22.99Trending at £25.58
- £32.31Trending at £45.59
- £16.97Trending at £18.12
- £13.67Trending at £16.57
- £14.64Trending at £17.08
- £17.71Trending at £19.11
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/06/2014
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note255 black & white illustrations, 55 black & white tables
- Weight997 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byMohamed Gaber,Sherif Sakr
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsDistributed Programming for the Cloud: Models, Challenges, and Analytics Engines; Mohammad Hammoud and Majd F. Sakr MapReduce Family of Large-Scale Data-Processing Systems; Sherif Sakr, Anna Liu, and Ayman G. Fayoumi iMapReduce: Extending MapReduce for Iterative Processing; Yanfeng Zhang, Qixin Gao, Lixin Gao, and Cuirong Wang Incremental MapReduce Computations; Pramod Bhatotia, Alexander Wieder, Umut A. Acar, and Rodrigo Rodrigues Large-Scale RDF Processing with MapReduce; Alexander Schatzle, Martin Przyjaciel-Zablocki, Thomas Hornung, and Georg Lausen Algebraic Optimization of RDF Graph Pattern Queries on MapReduce; Kemafor Anyanwu, Padmashree Ravindra, and HyeongSik Kim Network Performance Aware Graph Partitioning for Large Graph Processing Systems in the Cloud; Rishan Chen, Xuetian Weng, Bingsheng He, Byron Choi, and Mao Yang PEGASUS: A System for Large-Scale Graph Processing; Charalampos E. Tsourakakis An Overview of the NoSQL World; Liang Zhao, Sherif Sakr, and Anna Liu Consistency Management in Cloud Storage Systems; Houssem-Eddine Chihoub, Shadi Ibrahim, Gabriel Antoniu, and Maria S. Perez CloudDB AutoAdmin: A Consumer-Centric Framework for SLA Management of Virtualized Database Servers; Sherif Sakr, Liang Zhao, and Anna Liu An Overview of Large-Scale Stream Processing Engines; Radwa Elshawi and Sherif Sakr Advanced Algorithms for Efficient Approximate Duplicate Detection in Data Streams Using Bloom Filters; Sourav Dutta and Ankur Narang Large-Scale Network Traffic Analysis for Estimating the Size of IP Addresses and Detecting Traffic Anomalies; Ahmed Metwally, Fabio Soldo, Matt Paduano, and Meenal Chhabra Recommending Environmental Big Data Using Semantically Guided Machine Learning; Ritaban Dutta, Ahsan Morshed, and Jagannath Aryal Virtualizing Resources for the Cloud; Mohammad Hammoud and Majd F. Sakr Toward Optimal Resource Provisioning for Economical and Green MapReduce Computing in the Cloud; Keke Chen, Shumin Guo, James Powers, and Fengguang Tian Performance Analysis for Large IaaS Clouds; Rahul Ghosh, Francesco Longo, and Kishor S. Trivedi Security in Big Data and Cloud Computing: Challenges, Solutions, and Open Problems; Ragib Hasan
- Author BiographyDr. Sherif Sakr is a Senior Researcher at National ICT Australia (NICTA), Sydney, Australia. He is also a Conjoint Senior Lecturer at the University of New South Wales (UNSW). He received his PhD degree in Computer and Information Science from Konstanz University, Germany in 2007. He received his BSc and MSc degrees in Computer Science from Cairo University, Egypt, in 2000 and 2003 respectively. In 2011, Sherif held a Visiting Researcher position at the eXtreme Computing Group, Microsoft Research, USA. In 2012, he held a Research MTS position in Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs. Dr. Sakr has published more than 60 refereed research publications in international journals and conferences such as the IEEE TSC, ACM CSUR, JCSS, IEEE COMST, VLDB, SIGMOD, ICDE, WWW, and CIKM. He has served in the organizing and program committees of numerous conferences and workshops. Dr. Mohamed Medhat Gaber is a reader in the School of Computing Science and Digital Media of Robert Gordon University, UK. Mohamed received his PhD from Monash University, Australia, in 2006. He then held appointments with the University of Sydney, CSIRO, Monash University, and the University of Portsmouth. Dr. Gaber has published over 100 papers, coauthored one monograph-style book, and edited/coedited four books on data mining, and knowledge discovery. He has served in the program committees of major conferences related to data mining, including ICDM, PAKDD, ECML/PKDD, and ICML. He has also been a member of the organizing committees of numerous conferences and workshops.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.