All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the ways in which five great modern American poets, writing their final books, try to find a style that does justice to life and death alike. This title focuses on the books: The Rock , Ariel , Day by Day , Geography III and A Scattering of Salts .
- Author BiographyHelen Vendler is the A. Kingsley Porter University Professor at Harvard University. Her many books include Invisible Listeners: Lyric Intimacy in Herbert, Whitman, and Ashbery (Princeton), as well as studies of Shakespeare, Keats, Yeats, Stevens, and Heaney. She is a frequent reviewer for the New Republic , the New York Review of Books , and other publications.
- PrizesShortlisted for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2011.
- Author(s)Helen Vendler
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleThe A. W. Mellon Lectures in the Fine Arts
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight342 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.61Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.