All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing evidence from the scientific survey addressed exclusively to Latino/Hispanic respondents, this book explores political diversity within the Latino community, considering how intra-community differences influence political behavior and policy preferences.
- Author BiographyTony Affigne is Professor of Political Science at Providence College and Visiting Professor of American Studies at Brown University. He is founder and past president of the Sector Latino de Ciencia Politica (Latino Caucus in Political Science), and co-founded the American Political Science Association's research section on Race, Ethnicity, and Politics. In 1982 he was Rhode Island's first-ever Latino candidate for elected office. At Brown University and previously at the University of Colorado at Boulder, Evelyn Hu-DeHart has been most prominently associated with the development of the academic field of Ethnic Studies, of which Latino Studies is an important component. Trained as a historian of Latin America and the Caribbean, her own research focuses on Asians in the Americans, including the construction of Asian-Latinos. Marion Orr is the Frederick Lippitt Professor of Public Policy, Political Science and Urban Studies and Director of the A. Alfred Taubman Center for Public Policy and American Institutions at Brown University. He is the author and editor of five books, including Black Social Capital: The Politics of School Reform in Baltimore, which won the Policy Studies Organization's Aaron Wildavsky Award for the best book published in 1999, and The Color of School Reform: Race, Politics and the Challenge of Urban Education, which was named the best book in 1999 by the American Political Science Association's (APSA) Urban Politics Section.
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2014
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Note62 black & white illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width180 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byEvelyn Hu-DeHart,Marion Orr,Tony Affigne
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.