All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a critique of urban poverty and violence and challenges much of what we think we know about the culture of poverty . In this title, the author provides a portrait of everyday life among the women of the favelas, or urban shantytowns in Rio de Janeiro, who cope with unbearable suffering, violence and social abandonment.
- Author BiographyDonna M. Goldstein is Associate Professor of Anthropology at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
- Author(s)Donna M. Goldstein
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication12/11/2013
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCalifornia Series in Public Anthropology
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note15 b/w photographs, 5 maps, 1 table
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
- £9.91Trending at £11.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.