All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.06
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
About this product
- DescriptionMonths of surveillance-related leaks from U.S. whistleblower Edward Snowden have fuelled an international debate over privacy, spying, and Internet surveillance. This book explores current issues torn from the headlines with a uniquely Canadian perspective.
- Author BiographyMichael Geist is Professor of Law at the University of Ottawa where he holds the Canada Research Chair in Internet and E-commerce Law. Professor Geist is a frequent commentator on privacy and intellectual property law issues and a syndicated columnist on technology law issues with a regular column appearing in the Toronto Star. He is the editor of The Copyright Pentalogy: How the Supreme Court of Canada Shook the Foundations of Canadian Copyright Law (University of Ottawa Press, 2013), as well as From Radical Extremism to Balanced Copyright : Canadian Copyright and the Digital Agenda (Irwin Law, 2010) and In the Public Interest: The Future of Canadian Copyright Law (Irwin Law, 2005). Professor Geist has won numerous awards for his work including the Kroeger Award for Policy Leadership and the Public Knowledge IP3 Award in 2010, the Les Fowlie Intellectual Freedom Award from the Ontario Library Association in 2009, the Electronic Frontier Foundation's Pioneer Award in 2008, and Canarie's IWAY Public Leadership Award for his contribution to the development of the Internet in Canada in 2003.
- Author(s)Wesley K. Wark
- PublisherUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2015
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleLaw, Technology and Media
- Place of PublicationOttawa
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byMichael Geist
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.