All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £10.51Trending at £12.31
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a case study of law and legal culture in the West during the nineteenth century. This book argues that nascent nineteenth-century Great Plains communities shared an understanding of the law that allowed for the immediate implementation of legal institutions such as courts, jails, and law enforcement.
- Author BiographyMark R. Ellis is an associate professor of history at the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
- Author(s)Mark R. Ellis
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleLaw in the American West
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Note21 photographs, index
- Weight392 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.