All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.32
- £24.31Trending at £34.91
- £9.41Trending at £16.95
- £9.53Trending at £14.94
- £7.60Trending at £9.97
- £18.98Trending at £29.93
- £7.60Trending at £8.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn the popular imagination, the Middle Ages are often associated with lawlessness. However, historians have long recognized that medieval culture was characterized by an enormous respect for law and legal procedure. This book makes the case that one cannot understand the era's cultural trends without considering the profound development of law.
- Author BiographyRuth Mazo Karras is Professor of History at the University of Minnesota and author of From Boys to Men: Formations of Masculinity in Later Medieval Europe, also published by the University of Pennsylvania Press. Joel Kaye is Professor of History at Barnard College and author of Economy and Nature in the Fourteenth Century: Money, Market Exchange, and the Emergence of Scientific Thought. E. Ann Matter is the William R. Kenan, Jr. Professor of Religious Studies at the University of Pennsylvania. She is the author of The Voice of My Beloved: The Song of Songs in Western Medieval Christianity, also published by the University of Pennsylvania Press.
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication16/03/2010
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleThe Middle Ages Series
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byE. Ann Matter,Joel Kaye,Ruth Mazo Karras
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.