All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA how-to guide to shortening delivery times, eliminating waste, improving quality, and reducing costs. It describes not only what to do, but includes many tools useful to the reader describing how to do it. It explores tools including kaizen, value stream mapping, takt time, determining optimum lot sizes, setup reduction and problem solving.
- Author BiographyGary Conner has over 25 years of manufacturing experience with 15 years dedicated to implementing lean manufacturing in companies of all sizes, from mom-and-pop shops with 10 workers to multinational corporations with 15,000 or more employees. In his consultancy, Lean Enterprise Training (Newport, Ore.), he has worked in 14 different industries, contracted with over 120 different companies, and facilitated over 400 kaizen projects, training tens of thousands of people in skills such as value stream mapping, setup reduction, 5S, team building, six sigma, and facilities layout planning. An accomplished ISO 9000 certified lead auditor, Gary is also a college instructor and has authored four textbooks related to world-class manufacturing. In 2002, Gary's first edition of this book, Lean Manufacturing for the Small Shop, received the distinguished Shingo Prize Award. He was also awarded Manufacturer of the Year in 2004 by Chapter 63 of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers.
- Author(s)Gary Conner
- PublisherSociety of Manufacturing Engineers
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationDearborn
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety of Manufacturing Engineers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Foreword byNorman Bodek
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.