All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to modern algebra for mathematics teachers. It makes explicit connections between abstract algebra and high-school mathematics.
- Author BiographyAl Cuoco is Distinguished Scholar and Director of the Center for Mathematics Education at Education Development Center, Inc., (EDC). He is lead author for the CME Project, a four-year NSF-funded high school curriculum, published by Pearson. He also co-directs Focus on Mathematics, a mathematics-science partnership that has established a mathematical community of mathematicians, teachers, and mathematics educators. Joseph Rotman has been on the faculty of the mathematics department of the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign since 1959, and has been Professor Emeritus since 2004. Professor Rotman was an editor of Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society (1970, 1971) and managing editor (1972, 1973). Aside from writing research articles, mostly on algebra, he has written textbooks on group theory, homological algebra, algebraic topology, Galois theory, and abstract algebra.
- Author(s)Al Cuoco,Joseph J. Rotman
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication08/01/2015
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMathematical Association of America Textbooks
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1080 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £21.99Trending at £34.99
- £11.85Trending at £12.99
- £11.22Trending at £12.20
- £16.13Trending at £18.50
- £6.42Trending at £7.26
- £18.49Trending at £25.00
- £11.80Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.