All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Ian Walkinshaw
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- Series TitleContemporary Studies in Descriptive Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight430 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Japanese learners of English - Disagreement speech acts - Theories of politeness - Face-threat - Individualism and collectivism - Power distance - Second language/Culture acquisition - Shifts in production of disagreements - Utterance length - Shifts in recognising and interpreting disagreements - Enryo-based assessments of pragmatic variation - Power-risk assessments of pragmatic variation - Environmental and pedagogical factors influencing pragmatic acquisition.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Ian Walkinshaw has an M.A. in TES/FL from the University of Birmingham, UK, and a Ph.D. in applied linguistics from Victoria University of Wellington, NZ. His research interests are cross-cultural and interlanguage pragmatics, second language acquisition and ELT methodology. He has been involved in English language teaching in New Zealand, Japan, Britain and Vietnam, where he currently works as an EFL teacher, teacher-trainer and curriculum designer.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.