All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/02/2015
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleExplorations in Developmental Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables, 12 black & white halftones, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBettina Kummerling-Meibauer,Jorg Meibauer,Katharina J. Rohlfing,Kerstin Nachtigaller
- Table Of ContentsUnderstanding Learning from Picturebooks: an Introduction. Part 1: Symbol-based Learning in Picturebooks Picturebooks and Early Literacy. How Do Picturebooks Support Early Conceptual and Narrative Development?. An Examination of Factors that Affect Young Children's Learning and Transfer from Picturebooks. What the Child Can Learn from Simple Descriptive Picturebooks. An Inquiry into Lastwagen/Trucks by Paul Stickland. The Development of Color Vision and of the Ability to Appreciate Color in Picturebooks. Part 2: Co-constructed Learning from Picturebooks Gesturing in Joint Book Reading. Growing Vocabulary in the Context of Shared Book Reading. The Role of Distributed Cognition in Early Explorations of Symbolic Expression. Affective Interaction During Classroom Picturebook Reading. Part 3: Learning Language Skills from Picturebooks Word Learning via Shared Storybook Reading. What Good is a Picturebook? Developing Children's Oral Language and Literacy Through Shared Picturebook Reading. Tense Acquisition with Picturebooks.
- Author BiographyBettina Kummerling-Meibauer is Professor in the German Department at the University of Tubingen, Germany. Jorg Meibauer is Chair for German Linguistics at the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Germany. Kerstin Nachtigaller is a member of the Emergentist Semantics Group at the Center of Excellence Cognitive Interaction Technology, Bielefeld University, Germany. Katharina J. Rohlfing is Head of the Emergentist Semantics Group at the Center of Excellence Cognitive Interaction Technology, Bielefeld University, Germany.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.05
- £5.34Trending at £6.00
- £12.10Trending at £13.36
- £10.87Trending at £11.71
- £5.70Trending at £7.14
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
- £11.96Trending at £12.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.