All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author of this book first reviews the major approaches to learning to rank. For each approach he presents the basic framework, with example algorithms. Scientific theoretical soundness is combined with broad development and application experiences.
- Author BiographyTie-Yan Liu is a lead researcher at Microsoft Research Asia. He leads a team working on learning to rank for information retrieval, and graph-based machine learning. So far, he has more than 70 quality papers published in referred conferences and journals, including SIGIR(9), WWW(3), ICML(3), KDD, NIPS, ACM MM, IEEE TKDE, SIGKDD Explorations, etc. He has about 40 filed US / international patents or pending applications on learning to rank, general Web search, and multimedia signal processing. He is the co-author of the Best Student Paper for SIGIR 2008, and the Most Cited Paper for the Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation (2004~2006). He is an Area Chair of SIGIR 2009, a Senior Program Committee member of SIGIR 2008, and Program Committee members for many other international conferences, such as WWW, ICML, ACL, and ICIP. He is the co-chair of the SIGIR workshop on learning to rank for information retrieval (LR4IR) in 2007 and 2008. He has been on the Editorial Board of the Information Retrieval Journal (IRJ) since 2008, and is the guest editor of the special issue on learning to rank of IRJ. He has given tutorials on learning to rank at WWW 2008 and SIGIR 2008. Prior to joining Microsoft, he obtained his Ph.D. from Tsinghua University, where his research efforts were devoted to video content analysis.
- Author(s)Tie-Yan Liu
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication06/05/2011
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight603 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £26.39Trending at £27.68
- £14.78Trending at £15.04
- £32.31Trending at £37.66
- £13.67Trending at £16.58
- £14.64Trending at £17.08
- £22.02Trending at £31.04
- £19.74Trending at £25.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.