All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe great dichotomy between left and right has been a feature of pluralist politics since its emergence in modern times. Left and right are also central to the understanding of the political history of the twentieth century and may be gaining renewed visibility in the context of the current economic crisis, both in Europe and beyond.
- Author BiographyJoao Cardoso Rosas (MA, University of Porto; PhD EUI - Florence) is Associate Professor of Political Philosophy at the University of Minho and recurrent Visiting Professor in Lisbon and Madrid. He also has been Visiting Professor at Brown University and Visiting Research Fellow at the University of Oxford. His research interests include theories of justice, pluralism and human rights. His most recent books are Concepcoes da Justica [Conceptions of Justice] and Futuro Indefinido: Ensaios de Filosofia Politica [Indefinite Future: Essays in Political Philosophy]. He was president of the Portuguese Political Science Association between 2010 and 2012 and is currently president of the Portuguese Philosophical Society. Ana Rita Ferreira is a PhD student and Researcher in Political Science at the Institute of Political Studies of the Portuguese Catholic University and at the Centre of Humanistic Studies of the University of Minho. She also has been a visiting PhD student at the University of Oxford and Visiting Professor at the Catholic University of Mozambique. She holds a BA in Communication Sciences (Journalism stream) from the Social and Human Sciences Faculty of the New University of Lisbon, and a post-graduate degree in Political Science (Political Theory branch) from the Institute of Political Studies of the Portuguese Catholic University. Her main areas of interest are political ideologies and the role of the Welfare State. Her most recent publication is Ideologias Politicas Contemporaneas: Mudancas e Permanencias [Contemporary Political Ideologies: Changes and Permanencies], edited with Joao Cardoso Rosas.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- GenrePolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAna Rita Ferreira,Joao Cardoso Rosas
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.67Trending at £5.00
- £6.40Trending at £7.36
- £7.81Trending at £8.36
- £6.06Trending at £6.39
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.81
- £4.53Trending at £6.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.