All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than twenty years after his death, Paul de Man remains a haunting presence in the American academy. This work analyzes and evaluates aspects of de Man's powerful legacy. It focuses on: his great theme of reading ; his complex notions of history, materiality, and aesthetic ideology ; and his institutional role as a teacher.
- Author BiographyMARC REDFIELD is Professor of English and Comparative Literature at Brown University, where he teaches literature and literary theory. He is the author of Phantom Formations: Aesthetic Ideology and the Bildungsroman (winner of the First Book Prize of the MLA) and The Politics of Aesthetics: Nationalism, Gender, Romanticism. Among the books he has edited is Legacies of Paul de Man (Fordham).
- Author(s)Andrzej Warminski,Arkady Plotnitsky,Cynthia Chase,Ian Balfour,Jan Mieszkowski,Marc Redfield,Rei Terada,Sara Emilie Guyer
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2007
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Weight359 g
- Width5830 mm
- Height3895 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byMarc Redfield
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £8.90Trending at £9.44
- £8.77Trending at £9.01
- £4.16Trending at £4.85
- £6.44Trending at £6.94
- £4.99Trending at £5.41
- £5.24Trending at £6.24
- £7.65Trending at £8.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.